Bible Adventism- Contents
- TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Sermon Two. THE SECOND ADVENT.
- Sermon Three. NOAH’S TIME, AND OURS.
- Sermon Four. THE CHURCH NOT IN DARKNESS.
- Sermon Five. THE TIME OF THE END.
- Sermon Seven. THE JUDGMENT.
- Sermon Ten. SAVING FAITH.
- Weighted Relevancy
- Content Sequence
- Earliest First
- Latest First
Sermon Eight. THE TIME.
TEXT: Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed. .BIAD 118.1
THE text is important, or it would not be in the Bible. The text may be understood; otherwise, it is not a portion of God’s revelation to man. What God has revealed he designs to be understood. It is true that “the secret things belong unto the Lord our God.” We have no business with them. “But those things which are revealed belong unto us, and to our children forever.” .BIAD 118.2
Time is revealed in the sacred Scriptures. Time is important, or it would not be in the Bible. To class the prophetic periods with non-essentials, is an insult to the God of the Bible. In giving man a revelation, our gracious God gave the essentials, and left the non-essentials out of the book.BIAD 118.3
The definite time of the second advent of Christ is not revealed in the Bible. This fact, however, does not take from the prophetic periods any of their importance. They were designed to serve an important purpose; and just what purpose, is the object of this discourse to show.BIAD 118.4
8. The cleansing of the sanctuary is not from physical uncleanness, but from the sins of the people. Much may be learned of the nature of the cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary at the close of the 2300 prophetic days, by the manner in which the typical sanctuary was cleansed on the tenth day of the seventh month in each year.BIAD 119.7