Testimonies for the Church, vol. 8- Contents
- The Times of Volume Eight
- Chapter 12—A Departure from Right
- Chapter 14—An Appeal to the Brethren in Battle Creek
- Chapter 15—A Neglected Warning
- Chapter 16—The Result of Reformation
- Chapter 17—A Solemn Warning
- Chapter 18—The Review and Herald Fire
- Chapter 19—What Might Have Been
- A Hymn Of The Promised Land
- A Hymn Of The Captivity
- Song Of The Redeemed
- “Call to Remembrance the Former Days”
- “Written for our Admonition”
- The Message for this Time
- The Opposition of the Enemy
- The Loud Cry
- “And Hast Forgotten”
- “Choose You This Day Whom Ye Will Serve”
- The Shield of Omnipotence
- Jehovah Reigneth
- Chapter 29—Christ the Medium of Prayer and Blessing
- Chapter 38—One with Christ in God
- Chapter 39—Lay Members to Go Forth
- Chapter 41—Homeward Bound
- Last-Day Deceptions
- Pantheistic Theories
- Fanaticism After 1844
- Past Experiences to be Repeated
- Beware of a Sensational Religion
- A Warning Against False Teaching
- Diverting Minds from Present Duty
- A Renewal of the Straight Testimony
- Seek the First Love
- The Word of God our Safeguard
- Study the Revelation
- To the Church in Sardis
- Message to the Philadelphia Church
- The Laodicean Message
- Weighted Relevancy
- Content Sequence
- Earliest First
- Latest First
Results of Receiving God's Word
“Blessed are they that are upright in way,
Who walk in the law of Jehovah.
Blessed are they that keep His testimonies,
That seek Him with the whole heart....
O that my ways were established
To observe Thy statutes!
Then shall I not be put to shame,
When I have respect unto all Thy commandments.”8T 323.3
“Wherewith shall a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed thereto according to Thy word.”
“I have chosen the way of faithfulness:
Thine ordinances have I set before me.”
“Thy word have I laid up in my heart,
That I might not sin against Thee.”
“And I shall walk at liberty;
For I have sought Thy precepts.”8T 323.4
“Open Thou mine eyes, that I may behold
Wondrous things out of Thy law.”
“Thy testimonies also are my delight
And my counselors.” “The law of Thy mouth is better unto me
Than thousands of gold and silver.”8T 323.5
“O how love I Thy law!
It is my meditation all the day.”
“Thy statutes have been my songs
In the house of my pilgrimage.”
“Thy testimonies are wonderful;
Therefore doth my soul keep them.
The opening of Thy words giveth light;
It giveth understanding unto the simple.”
“Thy commandments make me wiser than mine enemies;
For they are ever with me.
I have more understanding than all my teachers;
For Thy testimonies are my meditation.
I understand more than the aged,
Because I have kept Thy precepts....
Through Thy precepts I get understanding:
Therefore I hate every false way.”8T 324.1
“Great peace have they that love Thy law;
And they have no occasion of stumbling.
I have hoped for Thy salvation, O Jehovah,
And have done Thy commandments.
My soul hath observed Thy testimonies;
And I love them exceedingly.”8T 324.3
“I have longed for Thy salvation, O Jehovah;
And Thy law is my delight.
Let my soul live, and it shall praise Thee;
And let Thine ordinances help me.”
“Thy testimonies have I taken as a heritage forever;
For they are the rejoicing of my heart.” , margin, 9, 30, 11, 45, 18, 24, 72, 97, 54, 129, 130, 98-104, 140, 160, 165-167, 174, 175, 111, A. R. V.8T 324.4