Testimonies for the Church, vol. 8- Contents
- The Times of Volume Eight
- Chapter 12—A Departure from Right
- Chapter 14—An Appeal to the Brethren in Battle Creek
- Chapter 15—A Neglected Warning
- Chapter 16—The Result of Reformation
- Chapter 17—A Solemn Warning
- Chapter 18—The Review and Herald Fire
- Chapter 19—What Might Have Been
- A Hymn Of The Promised Land
- A Hymn Of The Captivity
- Song Of The Redeemed
- “Call to Remembrance the Former Days”
- “Written for our Admonition”
- The Message for this Time
- The Opposition of the Enemy
- The Loud Cry
- “And Hast Forgotten”
- “Choose You This Day Whom Ye Will Serve”
- The Shield of Omnipotence
- Jehovah Reigneth
- Chapter 29—Christ the Medium of Prayer and Blessing
- Chapter 38—One with Christ in God
- Chapter 39—Lay Members to Go Forth
- Chapter 41—Homeward Bound
- Last-Day Deceptions
- Pantheistic Theories
- Fanaticism After 1844
- Past Experiences to be Repeated
- Beware of a Sensational Religion
- A Warning Against False Teaching
- Diverting Minds from Present Duty
- A Renewal of the Straight Testimony
- Seek the First Love
- The Word of God our Safeguard
- Study the Revelation
- To the Church in Sardis
- Message to the Philadelphia Church
- The Laodicean Message
- Weighted Relevancy
- Content Sequence
- Earliest First
- Latest First
“Oh come, let us sing unto Jehovah;
Let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving;
Let us make a joyful noise unto Him with psalms.8T 121.2
“For Jehovah is a great God,
And a great King above all gods.
In His hand are the deep places of the earth;
The heights of the mountains are His also.
The sea is His, and He made it;
And His hands formed the dry land.8T 121.3
“For He is our God,
And we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand.
Today, Oh that ye would hear His voice!
Harden not your heart, as at Meribah,
As in the day of Massah in the wilderness;
When your fathers tempted Me,
Proved Me, and saw My work. “Forty years long was I grieved with that generation,
And said, It is a people that do err in their heart,
And they have not known My ways:
Wherefore I sware in My wrath, that they should not enter into My rest.8T 121.5
“Oh sing unto Jehovah a new song:
Sing unto Jehovah, all the earth.
Sing unto Jehovah, bless His name;
Show forth His salvation from day to day.
Declare His glory among the nations,
His marvelous works among all the peoples.8T 122.1
“For great is Jehovah, and greatly to be praised:
He is to be feared above all gods.
For all the gods of the peoples are idols;
But Jehovah made the heavens.
Honor and majesty are before Him:
Strength and beauty are in His sanctuary.8T 122.2
“Ascribe unto Jehovah, ye kindreds of the peoples,
Ascribe unto Jehovah glory and strength.
Ascribe unto Jehovah the glory due unto His name:
Bring an offering, and come into His courts.
Oh worship Jehovah in holy array:
Tremble before Him, all the earth.8T 122.3
“Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice;
Let the sea roar, and the fullness thereof;
Let the field exult, and all that is therein;
Then shall all the trees of the wood sing for joy8T 122.5