Testimonies for the Church, vol. 8- Contents
- The Times of Volume Eight
- Chapter 12—A Departure from Right
- Chapter 14—An Appeal to the Brethren in Battle Creek
- Chapter 15—A Neglected Warning
- Chapter 16—The Result of Reformation
- Chapter 17—A Solemn Warning
- Chapter 18—The Review and Herald Fire
- Chapter 19—What Might Have Been
- A Hymn Of The Promised Land
- A Hymn Of The Captivity
- Song Of The Redeemed
- “Call to Remembrance the Former Days”
- “Written for our Admonition”
- The Message for this Time
- The Opposition of the Enemy
- The Loud Cry
- “And Hast Forgotten”
- “Choose You This Day Whom Ye Will Serve”
- The Shield of Omnipotence
- Jehovah Reigneth
- Chapter 29—Christ the Medium of Prayer and Blessing
- Chapter 38—One with Christ in God
- Chapter 39—Lay Members to Go Forth
- Chapter 41—Homeward Bound
- Last-Day Deceptions
- Pantheistic Theories
- Fanaticism After 1844
- Past Experiences to be Repeated
- Beware of a Sensational Religion
- A Warning Against False Teaching
- Diverting Minds from Present Duty
- A Renewal of the Straight Testimony
- Seek the First Love
- The Word of God our Safeguard
- Study the Revelation
- To the Church in Sardis
- Message to the Philadelphia Church
- The Laodicean Message
- Weighted Relevancy
- Content Sequence
- Earliest First
- Latest First
The Shield of Omnipotence
“He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of Jehovah, He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in whom I trust.
For He will deliver thee from the snare of the fowler,
And from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover thee with His pinions,
And under His wings shalt thou take refuge:
His truth is a shield and a buckler.
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night,
Nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
For the pestilence that walketh in darkness,
Nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
A thousand shall fall at thy side,
And ten thousand at thy right hand;
But it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold,
And see the reward of the wicked.8T 120.4
“For Thou, O Jehovah, art my refuge!
Thou hast made the Most High thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee,
Neither shall any plague come nigh thy tent.
For He will give His angels charge over thee,
To keep thee in all thy ways.
They shall bear thee up in their hands,
Lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder:
The young lion and the serpent shalt thou trample underfoot.
Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him:
I will set him on high, because he hath known My name.
He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble:
I will deliver him, and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.” , A. R. V.8T 121.1