Preserving Moral Integrity
Date ________CG-SG 96.1
A. Read pages 439-468.CG-SG 96.2
B. Check your knowledge:CG-SG 96.3
1. Name two things that arouse lust and corrupt passion. (439:2)
2. What is the special sin of this age? (440:1)
3. What exists in some Sabbathkeeping families? (440:3)
4. Whose minds does Satan try to debase? (440:4)
5. The violation of what laws has caused present-day social sins? (441:0)
6. Of what name are those unworthy who do not control passions? (441:2)
7. What is most responsible for race degeneracy? (441:3)
8. What does one corrupt mind sow in others? (443:2)
9. What does secret vice do to the brain and nervous system? (444:1)
10. List the diseases that may grow out of self-abuse. (444:2)
11. By what fraction are intellectual powers reduced by this sin? (445:3)
12. What will pampering of natural appetites do to self-government and spirituality? (446: 2)
13. To avoid sensuality, where is the mind to dwell? (447:2)
14. Complete: “Parents do not know that secret _______________________ is destroying and defacing the image of God in their _______________________.” (449:2)CG-SG 98.1
15. With what three things do many surround themselves in a wrong atmosphere? (449:2)
(a) br/> (b) br/> (c)CG-SG 98.2
16. What may love stories and romances do to the mind? (453:0)
17. What is a mother’s duty toward her young daughter? (455:3)
18. From infancy what vital lesson are children to be taught? (457:1)
19. Of what can mothers never be too careful? (457:4, 458:0)
20. When may sensuality in children be blamed on parents? (458:2)
21. With what must a child’s mind be balanced to keep his morals pure? (460:1)
22. Why should children not sleep together? (460:2)
23. Why should meat never be placed before children? (461:1)
24. What are we to teach children about their bodies? (461:2)
25. To what will idleness lead? (462:1)
26. If we earnestly pray for pure thoughts and refined imaginations, what will God do? (463:1)
27. To be saved, what three things must we govern? (465:1)
(b) br/> (c)CG-SG 100.1
28. What causes the imagination to become hopelessly diseased? (465:3)
29. How many can control their passions, if they will? (466:3)
C. Rate your attitude toward sex: Sacred___ Cheap___ Wholesome ___ Evil___CG-SG 100.4
1. I believe parents should instruct their children for the following reasons:
2. Parents should send them to
D. Discuss with others:
1. God’s purpose for sex.
2. What have books and pictures (moving and still) to do with today’s sensuality?CG-SG 100.6
3. Why is Satan so determined to debase the youth?
4. Are parents responsible for oversexed children? How?
5. Why the prevalent homosexuality?
6. Venereal diseases.
7. Effect of overindulgence on the brain powers.
8. Fortifying the mind against temptation.
9. Are parents awake to their children’s sex behavior?
10. Self-control over appetites and passions.
11. How to keep children pure minded.
12. Your children’s associates—spending the night with others.
13. The influence of diet on sex impulses.
14. Indolence versus exercise and their effects on purity.
15. How can we control the mind and keep it pure?
16. How Bible study affects the mind and nervous system.CG-SG 101.1
E. Think on these things:
1. Do I teach my child that the sex organs are sacred?
2. If my child regards the sex organs as cheap and common, will he have eternal life?
3. If I desire life, will I abuse the organs that reproduce life?
4. Do I allow my child to sleep with others?
5. Do I censure my child? What is a better way?CG-SG 101.2
6. Do I answer all questions pertaining to life?
7. Do I remember my body is not mine, but is God’s temple?CG-SG 102.1
F. Name one way sex draws one closer to God, the Author.
INDIVIDUAL RATING SHEETCG-SG 102.3
______ Husband ______ Wife ______ Son ______ DaughterCG-SG 102.4